Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Compiling Bacula with readline support on CentOS6

2012-12-19 12:33:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] Compiling Bacula with readline support on CentOS6
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 18:31:18 +0100
Hi folks,

what's the black magic involved in getting bacula to enable readline
support when compiling from source on CentOS6? I have all the relevant
dev libs install it seems, still bacula fails to pick up readline
during the configure run.

I've tried --with-readline, --with-readline=/usr,
--with-readline=/usr/lib and many more variations, but to no
avail. conio gets picked up fine, readline doesn't.

Here's a quick rpm output:

# rpm -qa | egrep 'readline|curses|termcap'
ncurses-libs-5.7-3.20090208.el6.x86_64
readline-6.0-4.el6.x86_64
ncurses-term-5.7-3.20090208.el6.x86_64
compat-readline5-static-5.2-17.1.el6.x86_64
ncurses-base-5.7-3.20090208.el6.x86_64
ncurses-5.7-3.20090208.el6.x86_64
compat-readline5-devel-5.2-17.1.el6.x86_64
readline-devel-6.0-4.el6.i686
compat-readline5-5.2-17.1.el6.x86_64
readline-6.0-4.el6.i686
libreadline-java-0.8.0-24.3.el6.x86_64
libreadline-java-javadoc-0.8.0-24.3.el6.x86_64
ncurses-libs-5.7-3.20090208.el6.i686
readline-static-6.0-4.el6.x86_64
ncurses-devel-5.7-3.20090208.el6.x86_64
readline-devel-6.0-4.el6.x86_64
compat-libtermcap-2.0.8-49.el6.x86_64

What am I missing? The includes are apparently located where configure
expects them (/usr/include/readline).

All the best & thanks much in advance,

Uwe

--

NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA