Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restore with bextract shows error "bextract JobId 0: Error: attribs.c:485 File size of restored file..."

2012-12-17 08:14:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restore with bextract shows error "bextract JobId 0: Error: attribs.c:485 File size of restored file..."
From: Christian Degenkolb <degenkolb AT iwtt.tu-freiberg DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 13:58:59 +0100
Hi

We have a strange problem during a restore job with bextract.

We tried to restore some files for a user from a collection of backup
volumes for a Full backup job. Since the files are already purged from
the volumes on our bacula server but we still had to job log and the
volumes on another server we loaded all the volumes relevant to the
jobid X (with list jobmedia jobid=X) from the second server into a
folder /backup/tmp/ , created a boostrap file in the form of

Volume = <volumename1>
Volume = <volumename2>

an include file in the form

/home/username

and a bacula sd config file with the device

Device {
   Name = FileStorage
   Media Type = File
   Archive Device = /backup/tmp
   LabelMedia = yes;
   Random Access = Yes;
   AutomaticMount = yes;
   RemovableMedia = no;
   AlwaysOpen = yes;
}

Now we started the restore process with

bextract -b ./bootstrap -i ./includeliste -c ./bacula-sd.conf
FileStorage /backup/tmp/restore

But during the process we get quiet a few errors

bextract JobId 0: Error: attribs.c:485 File size of restored file
<filename> not correct. Original <filesize>, restored <smallerfilesize>.

We tried this with a bextract from bacula 5.0.1 (the one we use on our
backup server) and 5.2.6. but both showed the same errors.

Goggeling the error messages showed some people had hardware problems or
a defect file system but a file system check and a raid controller check
on the system in question showed no problems.

Does anybody know if this is a known problems with restoring files by
using bextract? Is there any solution? So far we only could restore 397G
of the 600something GB in the backup job.

with regards
Christian
--
Christian Degenkolb
Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg

Gustav-Zeuner-Straße 7
D-09596 Freiberg (Sachsen)

Tel. +49 3731 39 3751
Fax +49 3731 39 3942
email: degenkolb AT iwtt.tu-freiberg DOT de
web: http://www.gwa.tu-freiberg.de