Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] strange build error

2012-12-11 19:26:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] strange build error
From: ccspro <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 16:23:54 -0800
I assume g++ is not able to locate something on the command line to build such
as conio.c => conio.o

Try adding in any necessary paths to allow the compilers extra locations to
check for code/libraries/etc
PATH=/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin
LD_LIBARAY_PAT=/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib

failing that you could or try --disable-conio on your configure command line...

You can go into the dir /opt/bacula/bacula-5.2.12/src/console and issue the
same command that is causing the error and see the result, you could also run
it through a tracer (strace?) and see what is going on and I'm sure there are
some log files you can check to see other details that might be hidden to your
screen.

Hello all,

I am trying to build Bacula 5.2.12 on OpenIndiana 11 with PostgreSQL 9 as the
DB engine.

After I ran:

./configure --with-postgresql

and

make

I get the following:

*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
/usr/bin/g++   -c -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti  -I. -I..  -g
-O2 -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti conio.c
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `conio.o'
Current working directory /opt/bacula/bacula-5.2.12/src/console

  ====== Error in /opt/bacula/bacula-5.2.12/src/console ======

*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
for I in src scripts src/lib src/findlib src/filed   src/console src/plugins/fd
src/cats src/dird src/stored src/tools manpages;
  do (cd $I; echo "==>Entering directory `pwd`";
      make DESTDIR= all || (echo ""; echo ""; echo "  ====== Error in `pwd`
======";
                    echo ""; echo ""; exit 1Wink);
done
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Boris.