Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Trouble getting jobs to run simultaneously

2012-12-06 17:41:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Trouble getting jobs to run simultaneously
From: Diego Rubert <dprubert AT prms.mpf.gov DOT br>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 19:08:43 -0300
You can also set
Allow Mixed Priority = yes
on all your jobs.

From bacula docs:
####
Allow Mixed Priority = yesno
    This directive is only implemented in version 2.5 and later. When
    set to yes (default no), this job may run even if lower priority
    jobs are already running. This means a high priority job will not
    have to wait for other jobs to finish before starting. The
    scheduler will only mix priorities when all running jobs have this
    set to true.

    Note that only higher priority jobs will start early. Suppose the
    director will allow two concurrent jobs, and that two jobs with
    priority 10 are running, with two more in the queue. If a job with
    priority 5 is added to the queue, it will be run as soon as one of
    the running jobs finishes. However, new priority 10 jobs will not
    be run until the priority 5 job has finished.
####
--

Diego P. Rubert
Coordenadoria de Informática