Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] lots of copy jobs fail suddenly (5.2.12)

2012-11-30 05:59:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] lots of copy jobs fail suddenly (5.2.12)
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:56:23 +0100
Hi folks,

after a few rather uneventful weeks, all of a sudden some copy jobs
(no pattern discernible) have started to fail with messages like
these:

30-Nov 09:55 deniol186-dir JobId 51675: Copying using JobId=51200
Job=deniol2147.2012-11-27_22.05.57_09
30-Nov 09:55 deniol186-dir JobId 51675: Storage "" not found, using
Storage "FileStorage_server2147_full" from MediaType "File_server2147_full".

As you can see, we're using separate pools / storages / media types
for several machines that are being backed up.

How can the Storage device come up empty in the Job table entry? I'd
be most grateful for any ideas on how to fix this. I've tried updating
the relevant pool from resource defs, but still no joy.

We're running 5.2.12 compiled from source on centos6, though I've
reverted to 5.2.9 for this weekend to see if this helps with the
problem.

All the best,
Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA