Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Numbers of copied jobs with PoolUncopiedJobs

2012-11-25 05:34:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Numbers of copied jobs with PoolUncopiedJobs
From: Marco van Wieringen <mvw AT planets.elm DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 10:31:34 +0000 (UTC)
Olivier L. <olivier <at> luckol.net> writes:

>     Hi all,when I
>         use the directive PoolUncopiedJobs, bacula copy only 99
>       jobs. Is there a limitation on the
>       number of jobs
>       that can be copied
>       by this directive.When I use the
>         following SQL query directly on PostgresSQL, result list
>       it's over 1000 jobs.SELECT DISTINCTJob.JobId,
>       Job.Name,
>       Job.level,
>       Job.jobstatus,
>       Job.StartTime,
>       Job.EndTime,
>       Job.jobfiles,
>       Job.jobbytesFROM Job, PoolWHERE Pool.Name =
>       '% 1'   AND Pool.PoolId = Job.PoolId   AND Job.Type =
>           'B'   Job.JobStatus AND IN
>           ('T', 'W')   AND Job.jobBytes> 0   Job.JobId AND NOT
>           IN (SELECT FROM Job
>       WHERE type PriorJobId
>       IN('B', 'C')
>           AND Job.JobStatus
>       IN ('T',
>           'W')   AND PriorJobId! = 0)ORDER by Job.StartTime;
>     Any idea why it's only 99 jobs on my tape ?
See dird migrate.c line 673. Per run of PoolUncopiedJobs it will only
run 100 jobs at a time to make sure it doesn't blow upo the dird. So if
you have a lot of jobs to copy you just need to run the copy job a couple
of times. It will run 100 jobs each time so for 1000 jobs that is at least
10 runs. I guess this is your first copy run or do you run more then 1000 jobs a
night ?

You can increase the limit in the code and recompile the director but the
limit is there for a reason e.g. not to blow up the director and as the
work around is kind of obvious e.g. run the copy multiple times as it will
only copy a job once.

Marco