Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] File jobs purged when they should not

2012-11-20 11:41:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] File jobs purged when they should not
From: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:37:40 +0100
Zitat von Felip Moll <lipixx AT gmail DOT com>:

> Hi people,
>
> Recently I found a problem when trying to recover my files from a Job. The
> Files of a Job are purged when they shouldn't be.
>
> #######################
> #######################   RELEVANT CONFIGURATIONS
> #######################
>
> Job {
> Name = "Backup Dades : Dominator 6m"
> Client = dominator-fd
> JobDefs = "JobTemplate"
> Fileset = "home"
> Schedule = "CicleMensual-6mesos-22h"
> Storage = Autochanger
> Pool = Cintes-Data-6mesos
> }
>
> Schedule {
> Name = "CicleMensual-6mesos-22h"
> Run = Full january 1 at 22:00
> Run = Full july 1 at 22:00
> Run = Incremental feb-jun 1 at 22:00
> Run = Incremental aug-dec 1 at 22:00
> }
>
> Client {
> Name = dominator-fd
> Address = dominator.domain.com
> FDPort = 9102
> Catalog = MyCatalog
> Password = "****" # password for FileDaemon
> File Retention = 10 years # 10 years
> Job Retention = 10 years # six months
> AutoPrune = yes # Prune expired Jobs/Files
> }
>

> Pool {
> Name = Cintes-Data-6mesos
> Pool Type = Backup
> Recycle = yes
> AutoPrune = yes
> File Retention = 1 month
> Job Retention = 6 months
> Volume Retention = 12 months
> }
>
> #######################
> #######################
> #######################
>
> #######################
> ####################### What happens when I try to restore
> #######################
> Enter JobId(s), comma separated, to restore: 7444
> You have selected the following JobId: 7444
>
> Building directory tree for JobId(s) 7444 ...
>
> For one or more of the JobIds selected, no files were found,
> so file selection is not possible.
> Most likely your retention policy pruned the files.
>
> Do you want to restore all the files? (yes|no): no

You should be aware of the "priority" for purging. From my knowledge
the pool purging has priority against the setting for the client.
Furthermore the purge is inclusive as purging jobs do purge all
related file records and so on. For your example you have a "File
Retention = 1 month" and a "Job Retention = 6 months" which means
after 1 month you can only restore the full job without file selection
(that's what bacula suggested).

Regards

Andreas