Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Question about spooling

2012-11-06 14:35:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Question about spooling
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 14:32:01 -0500
On 11/06/12 13:27, Rodrigo Abrantes Antunes wrote:
> I heard that spooling can improve performance, is it right for file
> media type? How can I implement it using file media type?
> Thanks

There is almost certainly no point in using spooling with disk-file
media.  At BEST, it is unlikely to improve overall performance; at
worst, if the spool area and the actual storage are located on the same
physical devices, it will seriously reduce performance.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.