Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Limiting only despooling|writing concurrent jobs.

2012-11-01 02:31:32
Subject: [Bacula-users] Limiting only despooling|writing concurrent jobs.
From: ALyarskiy <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 23:27:05 -0700
Zitat von ALyarskiy <bacula-forum < at > backupcentral.com>:

How can i limit writing jobs to 1 without limiting spooling jobs?

I want to have only one job writing on the tape but spool other jobs
in parallel.

This is the default as far as i understand. The tape is locked
exclusive from one writer while other jobs which run concurrently will
spool data as long as the maximum spool size is not reached. Works
fine here but you need a really fast spool area if you want to feed
something like LTO-4/5/6 at full speed.

Regards

Andreas

It is true for jobs with SpoolData=yes, but i have few jobs that have
SpoolData=no, so they write data right on the tape.
I want to limit jobs that have SpoolData=no by 1 concurrent, so only 1 job
could write data on the tape, and permit the rest jobs with SpoolData=yes to
spool data on local drive concurrently (5-7 streams).