Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-users Digest, Vol 78, Issue 9

2012-10-11 12:07:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-users Digest, Vol 78, Issue 9
From: Juan Pablo Lorier <jplorier AT montecarlotv.com DOT uy>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 12:15:54 -0200
Hi,

I'm curious about the behaviour of bacula. Recently I was backing up a directory and meanwhile I added more directories to it. to my surprise, Bacula backed up everything, not just the files that where in the directory. I'm used to other backup and synchronization software that create a file list before starting to actually do the backup. This means that if new files or directory are added to the target, they are not taken into account and if anything is deleted before being backed up, it either warns or quit with error. This protects against the possibility of believe that something was backed up but actually, was not.
Can someone confirm this and maybe help me get a work around to this?
Regards,

Juan Pablo Lorier

-- Toda la información contenida en este correo electrónico es confidencial y para
conocimiento exclusivo de su destinatario. Agradeceremos que Ud. nos comunique inmediatamente si ha recibido
este correo por error. En tal caso, evite hacer uso del mismo en forma alguna y elimínelo
inmediatamente de su sistema.