Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] More than one job per Windows client

2012-09-21 12:02:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] More than one job per Windows client
From: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 17:59:46 +0200
Zitat von "Gary R, Schmidt" <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>:

> On 21.09.2012 17:55, lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de wrote:
> [SNIP
>> So if i got it right until here it is not (yet) possible and might
>> have to do with VSS (Windows)?
> This should have been your first question, and it should have been
> directed to Microsoft

My first question was indeed if it should be possible to do parallel
backup on windows clients before spending hours on searching for
configuration errors.

> I vaguely recall that only one VSS instance could exist, either per
> system or per volume, but it was long ago and only of passing interest
> to me at the time

 From what i found until now, Windows XP does only one snapshot per
volume, all others are soft-limited to 64 with some other drawbacks
listed here:
http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/cc755419%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

Thanks

Andreas