Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] problems configuring for mysql

2012-08-23 10:13:22
Subject: [Bacula-users] problems configuring for mysql
From: eric santelices <ericsante AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 10:11:05 -0400
I installed bacula via RPM from epel-bacula on a CentOS 5.8 host.  I have the following packages installed:

[root@backup01 bacula]# rpm -qa |grep bacula
bacula-libs-sql-5.2.10-5.el5
bacula-storage-5.2.10-5.el5
bacula-director-5.2.10-5.el5
bacula-libs-5.2.10-5.el5
bacula-console-5.2.10-5.el5
bacula-client-5.2.10-5.el5
nagios-plugins-bacula-5.2.10-5.el5
bacula-common-5.2.10-5.el5
bacula-docs-5.2.10-1.el5

the issue I'm faced with is that bacula-dir fails to start

bacula.log
----- snip -----
23-Aug 09:22 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalog "MyCatalog", database "bacula".
23-Aug 09:22 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: postgresql.c:248 Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server. Database=bacula User=bacula
Possible causes: SQL server not running; password incorrect; max_connections exceeded.
23-Aug 09:22 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
----- snip -----

bacula-dir.conf

# Generic catalog service
Catalog {
  Name = MyCatalog
# Uncomment the following line if you want the dbi driver
dbdriver = "dbi:mysql"; dbaddress = 127.0.0.1; dbport = 3306
dbname = "bacula"; dbuser = "bacula"; dbpassword = ""
}

I also noticed that regardless of the fact that I'm specifying MySQL bacula is trying to use PostgreSQL.