Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Heartbeat Interval errors

2012-08-19 09:24:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] Heartbeat Interval errors
From: Thomas Lohman <thomasl AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 09:20:44 -0400
Since adding Heartbeat Interval (set to 15 seconds) on our clients'
FileDaemon definition as well as the Director definition in
bacula-dir.conf and the Storage definition in bacula-sd.conf, it has
fixed some of the firewall timeout issues that we've had backing up some
clients but we've also started getting some of the following errors
during each backup cycle (even though the backup finishes OK each time).

client-fd JobId 79326:Error: bsock.c:346 Socket is terminated=1 on call
to client:xx.xx.xx.xx:36387

My best guess is that the client is trying to send a "ping" down the
connection but in the time that it decided to do this, the backup
finished and the connection was closed.

I was wondering if anyone else who uses this option has seen this error
and if it should be considered a "bug" perhaps or if there is something
we can do in our configuration to fix it.

thanks,

--tom