Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Perpetual Issues w/ 2 Drive Autochangers not utilizing 2nd drive

2012-08-06 10:32:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] Perpetual Issues w/ 2 Drive Autochangers not utilizing 2nd drive
From: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 10:30:24 -0400
Dear Bacula Users,
    I have been using Bacula for about 4 years now. I recently moved
from a single drive LTO-3 Exabyte Autochanger to a 2 drive LTO-5
TL-2000 Autochanger. All the devices are recognized properly and I can
read/write from both jobs. The issue I'm having is that Bacula almost
never uses the 2nd drive. It does occasionally, but I can't figure out
a rhyme or reason for it.
     I've tried setting "Prefer Mounted Volumes = No" in a JobDefs
resource for Tape jobs, but still no luck. It does work, just randomly
and not in a way that seem configurable, predictable, or useful.
Can anyone help?
Yours,
Shon

# Media storage devices
Storage {
  Name = TL2000
  Address = backup1.internal
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "UFHNdDMDfuihpmPXxTJfTXYt63MBxQnSeA2cEgZOx1ht"
  Device = TL2000_Library
  Media Type = LTO-5
  Autochanger = Yes
}

Autochanger {
  Name = TL2000_Library
  Device = TL2000_DTE0, TL2000_DTE1
  Changer Command = "/opt/csw/etc/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = /dev/scsi/changer/c3t2002000E111471E5d1
}

Device {
  Name = TL2000_DTE0
  Media Type = LTO-5
  Archive Device = /dev/rmt/2cbn
  LabelMedia = Yes
  AutomaticMount = Yes
  AlwaysOpen = Yes
  RemovableMedia = Yes
  RandomAccess = No
  AutoChanger = yes
  Spool Directory = /mnt/backup1/bacula/spool
  Alert Command = "sh -c '/opt/csw/sbin/tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
  Maximum Changer Wait = 900
  Maximum Rewind Wait = 900
  Maximum Open Wait = 900
  Drive Index = 0
}

Device {
  Name = TL2000_DTE1
  Media Type = LTO-5
  Archive Device = /dev/rmt/1cbn
  LabelMedia = Yes
  AutomaticMount = Yes
  AlwaysOpen = Yes
  RemovableMedia = Yes
  RandomAccess = No
  AutoChanger = yes
  Spool Directory = /mnt/backup1/bacula/spool
  Alert Command = "sh -c '/opt/csw/sbin/tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
  Maximum Changer Wait = 900
  Maximum Rewind Wait = 900
  Maximum Open Wait = 900
  Drive Index = 1