Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Running Multiple Jobs at once (solved but not 100% sure why)

2012-08-03 14:39:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Running Multiple Jobs at once (solved but not 100% sure why)
From: dweimer <dweimer AT dweimer DOT net>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 13:33:34 -0500
On 2012-08-03 11:00, dweimer wrote:
> On 2012-08-03 09:33, John Drescher wrote:
>>> Here is the outputs you requested, I can't spot anything that
>>> appears to be
>>> the problem myself, so someone else hopefully will.
>>>

>> I can not spot anything that explains this at the moment.
>>
>> John
>
> I did some more testing, added in a spool directory and tested with
> spooling enabled. Didn't help, also checked the FreeBSD port
> configuration, found a --disable-conio option, thought I was onto
> something but after some searching I discovered that has to do with
> the
> console, and not concurrent jobs.  Sent off an email to the
> FreeBSD-Users list, maybe I can find someone there who has this
> working
> on FreeBSD.
>
> --
> Thanks,
>     Dean E. Weimer
>     http://www.dweimer.net/

I was cleaning up my configurations, removing comments form the default
configuration file that I copied to start and streamline the file to see
if I could get to the bottom of the problem.  I pulled my client
definitions out to separate files including them in the bacula-dir.conf.
Then reviewed common options on the jobs, added some more to the
default job definition, removed a couple of options that were overridden
in all the backup jobs.

As part of this, I moved the Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4 to the default
job and removed it from each client's job individual backup job
definition.  After reloading the configurations, I kicked off all the
jobs to verify everything was still working, and now concurrent jobs are
working.

Is it possible that without the default job having this set, and using
1 as the maximum by default, that it was not being overridden by the
specific jobs maximum concurrent jobs = 4 directive?  Or did I somehow
fix another option I had wrong while doing this?

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer