Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to share a tape library between two bacula servers.

2012-05-31 10:04:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to share a tape library between two bacula servers.
From: Manuel Trujillo <mtrujillo AT grupointercom DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 15:37:26 +0200
2012/4/12 John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>:
>> Anybody could help me with any explanation, or link to documentation?
>> Maybe it is in the official docs, but I'm too blind to see something
>> that like in front of me... I think that it isn't possible because the
>> fact that I cannot share SD between bacula servers (isn't it?)...
>>
> You can share a SD between directors. However do you really need 2
> directors, independent databases ... ?

Hi!

I'm sharing SD between directors without any problem, but trying to
make the copy-job I can obtain this "wonderful" message:

31-May 12:09 moria-dir JobId 3083: Start Copying JobId 3083,
Job=caronte-LOL.2012-05-31_12.09.51_03
31-May 12:09 esturion-sd JobId 3083: Fatal error: Device reservation
failed for JobId=3083:
31-May 12:09 moria-dir JobId 3083: Fatal error:
     Storage daemon didn't accept Device "CaronteFile" because:
     3924 Device "CaronteFile" not in SD Device resources.
31-May 12:09 moria-dir JobId 3083: Error: Bacula moria-dir 5.0.3
(04Aug10): 31-May-2012 12:09:56

Looking for information about this, I found this:

"http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/Migration_Copy.html

Migration (also copy because a copy is just a special case of migration)
is only implemented for a single Storage daemon. You cannot read on one
Storage daemon and write on another.

As a new feature, there are limitations."

The message was from 2009 but, this is it still valid today?????

Thank you!

Regards