Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Slow marking of files to be restored

2012-05-29 04:07:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] Slow marking of files to be restored
From: Igor Blazevic <iblazevic AT nimium DOT hr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 10:05:06 +0200
Hello!

We use Bacula 5.0.3 with MySQL 5.0.95 on RHEL 5.8. Nothing was built from source.

Now, the thing that bothers me is that on old catalog which was upgraded from version 2ish (don't know exactly), restore takes a long time. Specifically, marking of millions of files takes a very long time. Building tree for restore works great.

Newly created, fresh catalog, works great. Tree building takes almost the same amount of time, marking of files is done in a few seconds.

I checked the indexes on File tables and they are the same in both catalogs. Only difference I've noticed is that marking files on old catalog creates SELECT queries in log file while marking each and every file but on new catalog, there are non. Only SELECT query is created in log file while building the tree and for marking, there is nothing and the marking is done in seconds for the same amount of files.

Anyone had seen this problem before?

--

Igor Blažević