Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] multi-drive autoch: Job is waiting on Storage storagedev-LTO

2012-05-24 13:10:21
Subject: [Bacula-users] multi-drive autoch: Job is waiting on Storage storagedev-LTO
From: Martian333 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 09:26:14 -0700
Hey guys

Hope you all had a nice weekend

I have a problem which has me stumped at the moment.

Currently running Bacula Version 5.0.3 on Debian connected to a Dell TL2000
autochanger with 2 x drives.

I am trying to run backup jobs across both drives simultaneously but
consistently hit the "XXX job is waiting on storage storagedev-LTO" despite the
fact that only 1 drive of 2 is in use (1 drive free).

Can anyone please shed any light on this?

Current configuration:

bacula-sd.conf

Autochanger {
  Name = "DELL-TL2000"
  Device = LTO4-0, LTO4-1
  Changer Device = /dev/changer
  Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
}

Device {
  Name = LTO4-0
  Drive Index = 0
  Media Type = LTO-4
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  Autochanger = yes
  Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert| cat'"
}

Device {
  Name = LTO4-1
  Drive Index = 1
  Media Type = LTO-4
  Archive Device = /dev/nst1
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  Autochanger = yes
  Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert| cat'"
}

The changer device is symlinked /dev/changer to sg6.

JobsDef.conf:

JobDefs {
    Name = "testbackup"
    Type = Backup
    Level = VirtualFull
    Schedule = "DailyVirtualFull"
    Pool = Default
    Messages = Standard
    FileSet = "Full Set"
    Prefer Mounted Volumes = no
    Priority = 100
    Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
}

and finally "bacula-sd.conf":

# Definition of file storage device
Storage {
  Name = bacula-LTO
# Do not use "localhost" here
  Address = bacula                # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = xyz
  Device = "DELL-TL2000"
  Media Type = LTO-4
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
  Autochanger = yes
  TLS Enable = yes
  TLS Require = yes
  TLS CA Certificate File = xyz
  TLS Certificate = xyz
  TLS Key = xyz
}

Does anyone have any tips or ideas as to why this is happening? Note I am using
"Prefer Mounted Volumes = no" - I understand that by default a single pool
utilizes only one drive, perhaps I need to define a second in order to get
around this issue - what do you think?

Thank you for your help