Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] StorageLoader 1U from Tandberg with HP Ultrium 4-SCSI btape fill taste failed

2012-05-22 16:43:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] StorageLoader 1U from Tandberg with HP Ultrium 4-SCSI btape fill taste failed
From: "Daniel Neuberger" <daniel AT neuberger-it DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 22:40:24 +0200

Hello,

at first, this is my first post on this list. I hope it is in the right form.

I perfomed the normal btape tests and they all passed successfully. Only the btape fill test failed.

The Write and Unload/Load and Rewind processes all finished without a failure.

As you can see below, tape 2 from slot 2 was successfully transfered to the tape drive. Then it starts the reading process after rewinding the tape. It read the first blocks and then it failes with an read-error.

2:34:22 Done filling tapes at 0:1003. Now beginning re-read of first tape ... btape: btape.c:2483 Enter do_unfill
21-Mai 22:34 btape JobId 0: 3307 Issuing autochanger "unload slot 2, drive 0" command. 21-Mai 22:35 btape JobId 0: 3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 1, drive 0" command. 21-Mai 22:36 btape JobId 0: 3305 Autochanger "load slot 1, drive 0", status is OK. 21-Mai 22:36 btape JobId 0: Ready to read from volume "TestVolume1" on device "Drive-1" (/dev/nst0). Rewinding. Reading the first 10000 records from 0:0.
10000 records read now at 1:5084
Reposition from 1:5084 to 813:15500
Reading block 15500.
Error reading block: ERR=block.c:1014 Read zero bytes at 813:0 on device "Drive-1" (/dev/nst0).

btape: btape.c:2410 do_unfill failed.
*btape: smartall.c:404 Orphaned buffer: btape 280 bytes at 18ab838 from jcr.c:362

So i already perfomed sucessfully the lto-drive-assesment, lto-media-assesment and the write/read test with the hp libary and tape tools. Neither the tests flops and all passed without any fails.

Does anybody have an idea? I m at the end of my ken for searching the issue for the failed btape fill test.

Thanks for your help.

daniel AT neuberger-it DOT de
skype: daniel.neuberger

Adamsgasse 6