Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Deduplication

2012-05-18 06:38:23
Subject: [Bacula-users] Deduplication
From: Juan David De la Vega <juandavidelmejor AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, <jose.frederico AT callide DOT fr>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 05:35:55 -0500
Hello,

I have a problem with the de-duplication. It doesn't work well for me.

I have a server linux debian as a base for my others linux debian servers. Its size is 514 Mb.  When I run a full job of another debian server that points to that base job, it works fine, it gives me backups of 175 mb that's the difference between the server and the base, but when I run a differential backup, that is declared in the same job of the full backup, it gives me backups of 272 Mb, highers than the full backup and there is nothing modifying the servers between backups. Its seems that when he does the differential he just save the differences between the last full and the server without checking the base job.

my file set is:

FileSet {
 Name = "Full"
 Include {
   Options {
     signature = MD5
     accurate=5
     verify=5
   }
File = /
}

But i have tried with different accurate and different verify without having good results.

These are the jobs:

Job {
  Name = "Backup Base"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Base
  Client = client-base
  FileSet = "Full"
 Schedule = "programme2"
  Storage = File
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = File
  Priority = 10
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/%c.bsr"
}

Job {
  Name = "Backup"
  Type = Backup
  Base = "Backup Base"
  Accurate=yes
  Client = client0
  FileSet = "Full"
  Schedule = "programme"
  Storage = File
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = File
  Priority = 10
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/%c.bsr"
}

Can anybody that have used deduplication could please help me??

Thanks,

Juan David DIAZ