Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] DELL TL2000

2012-05-07 16:00:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] DELL TL2000
From: Tim Krieger <tim.krieger AT neverblue DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 12:45:42 -0700
Hi Gandalf, while I do not have exactly the same requirements, possibly the
information below will be helpful.

You do not mention it but I am assuming you are doing backups to disk.  You
also do not mention using the tape device for any other backups so I will
assume you do not(If you do, there is some trickery you may need to employ).

It sounds like you need to modify your Full Pool for each client, add the "Next
Pool" resource and point it at the Tape drive pool(lets call it Tape).

The following copy job is what works for me :

Job {
  Name = "Offsite Backup"
  Client = backup-fd
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  Type = Copy
  FileSet = "Full Set"
  Priority = 11
  SpoolData = No
  Messages = ErrorOnly
  Schedule = "Offsite Schedule"
  Pool = File

  Selection Type = SQL Query
  Selection Pattern = "select * from offsite_backups"
}

NOTES : FileSet can be anything, it's required for a job definition but totally
ignored by copy
        Pool can be anything BUT I found that in the pool definition Storage
must be the same as the source for the copy jobs and Next Pool must point to
where you want the copy jobs to go

My SQL Query in the job definition is overly simple because I use a stored
query in the DB (query was too long for bacula)

Here is a simplified version of my query (postgres, someone with more DB
experience will have to help if you need to change this):

SELECT max(j.jobid) AS jobid, j.name, max(j.starttime) AS starttime
FROM job j
JOIN pool p ON j.poolid = p.poolid
WHERE p.name = 'File'::text AND (j.name = ANY (ARRAY['server 1 Backup'::text,
'Server 2 Backup'::text, 'Crazy Server Backup'::text ])) AND j.type =
'B'::bpchar AND j.level = 'F'::bpchar AND (j.jobstatus = ANY
(ARRAY['T'::bpchar, 'W'::bpchar]))
AND NOT (j.jobid IN ( SELECT job.priorjobid
FROM job
WHERE (job.type = ANY (ARRAY['B'::bpchar, 'C'::bpchar])) AND (job.jobstatus =
ANY (ARRAY['T'::bpchar, 'W'::bpchar])) AND job.priorjobid = 0))
GROUP BY j.name
ORDER BY max(j.jobid);

You may run into problems if you have multiple source pools.  I am selecting
particular backups by name, you could drop this and choose all backups if you
wish.

The query should return the highest ID number for each job name ( type : F
(Full), status : T(OK) or W(warnings only, no errors)