Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Unable to restore some encrypted Windows 2003 backups with master.pem

2012-05-04 06:45:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Unable to restore some encrypted Windows 2003 backups with master.pem
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 11:43:09 +0100

> >> Did you want to say master.cert file ? Instead of master.pem
> >
> > Oops yes, thanks for the correction.
> >
> > __Martin
> >
> Hello
>
> Indeed, if I rename the file bacula services starts without any
> warning and if I do a "status client=MyWIndowsFD" in bconsole
> everything seems to be fine.
>
> On the other windows server, I tried the same and the service refused
> to start, I simply don't understand
>
> What should I do ?

OK, that suggests to me that the bacula-fd.conf doesn't load master.cert for
some reason.

Check the command line arguments of the service to find the bacula-fd.conf.
You could try renaming that bacula-fd.conf and then restart the service (I
would expect it to fail to start in that case).

Having identified the bacula-fd.conf that the service is using, compare it to
the working ones.

__Martin