Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore issue with Windows 2003 SBS client

2012-05-01 17:52:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore issue with Windows 2003 SBS client
From: Marco Carcano <marco AT carcano DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 23:50:25 +0200
I confirm that the downgrade of the client worked for me too

many thanks Christopher

Hi all

We have the same problem with restoring to Windows 2008 servers using 5.2.6 client.
I'll also try this workaround to see if it will solve the problem.

Kind regards,
Milos

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Geert Stappers <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com> wrote:
Op 20120425 om 16:01 schreef Christopher Hylarides:
> On 12-04-21 2:27 PM, Marco Carcano wrote:
> >
> > I (guess) have succesfully installed bacula 5.2.6 on my CentOS 5.6
> > Server (Physical). I have also installed the Windows client on a 2003
> > SBS (virtualized with KVM on another machine)
> >
> We had this exact same issue restoring on Windows with 5.2.6 as well
> (backups worked fine).  Downgrading to 5.0.3 for the windows client
> fixed it (my research showed a known bug that will hopefully be in the
> next release).

Thanks for sharing the workaround, being "downgrade the MS Windows client"

I wonder where is the known bug documented

Geert Stappers