Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tandberg LTO-3 only writing ~200GB

2012-04-25 06:23:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tandberg LTO-3 only writing ~200GB
From: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:20:08 +0200
2012/4/23 John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>:
>> When you recycle tapes they get relabelled. At that point the larger block
>> size will be used automatically.
>>
>> It works for me.
>
> Thanks. I will try to test this soon provided I get some time.
>
> John

I had some problems with my LTO3 device and tapes
Sometimes tape where marked as FULL whereas I was just at the
beggining or half of the tape.
First my LTO drive was on an iSCSI share with a dummy iSCSI
implementation ( drive was shared between 2 machines )
Also I had I/O problem that made my local hard drive slower than my
LTO tape so my tape drive was often stopping and waiting for data.
Once I solved theses 2 problems, everything worked fine.

I erased my tapes with an "mt -f /dev/nst0 erase"  after having
stopped bacula-sd and freed all iscsi layers

Hugo