Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Syntax for compression methods other than GZIP.

2012-04-12 15:05:33
Subject: [Bacula-users] Syntax for compression methods other than GZIP.
From: "Boutin, Stephen" <Stephen.Boutin AT lightningsource DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 13:51:22 -0500

Hi all,

                I have a need to use a compression method other than gzip. For example, I have a backup that is approximately 13.5TB. Using compression=GZIP, its max speed is only about 1200Kb/s. This will not do. I have read on this list & on other links that bzip2, & xz/lzma are available. I would specifically like to try out xz/lzma. Every time I try to enter something other than GZIP after “compression=”, the director will not start because something is wrong with the way I’m entering it (or it’s not being accepted for whatever reason). I have yet to find any information online on the syntax for using bzip2, xz/lzma & whatever other compression methods are available. Are there any others that would be faster? I care more about speed than I do about total/final size, though that does matter. I have tried, for a test, “compression=bzip2” and it does not take. Please help! Thanks. =) - Steve