Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Differential since the last differential?

2012-04-12 10:15:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] Differential since the last differential?
From: "Bryan K. Walton" <bryan AT vidadiagnostics DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:11:28 -0500
If I understand differential backups correctly, a differential backup
will backup all files that have changed since the last full backup.

So, is there a type of backup that will backup all files that have
changed since the last differential?

Assume the following backup schedule:

full backup on the 1st Friday of the month.
differential backups every following Friday of that month.
incremental backups every other day of that month.

If I change a file immediately after that full backup, it will be backed
up repeatedly during every differential backup that happens for the rest
of the month, even if it hasn't changed since the first differential
backup.

It would be nice if there was a way to do a differential backup of all
files that have changed since the last differential.

Is there such a backup type?

Thanks,
Bryan Walton