Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula webmin module vs Almir

2012-04-10 18:51:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula webmin module vs Almir
From: Murray Davis <murray.g.davis AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:50:04 -0700
I have been using the bacula webmin module on ubuntu 10.0.4 successfully for the past 2 weeks. I was configuring bacula-dir.conf today to get email notification working as well as working on other issues. However, somehow, I messed up Webmin. I can still logon to the bacula server via Webmin and see most information, but some components don't work any longer. For example, Volumes in Pool and Run Backup (Backup and Restore Actions) now do not work properly. If I choose Volumes in Pool and select Full Pool, at the bottom of the screen, I see two messages; Waiting for servername and then transferring data from server name, but the screen just remains blank...nothing happens. Same thing for Run Backup now.

 I can still run backups and get pool information from the bconsole command line. I guess I will have to wait until tonight to see if scheduled backups work.

So, I then installed Almir. However, that Web console does not launch. I am launching it with: https://serverdnsname:9101 (and using its routable IP). At the bottom of the browser, two messages flash by...
Connected to...
and what looks like: Locked on or logged on...the message passes by quickly.

Have others used Webmin or Almir on a Ubuntu system? Any suggestions? I realise this may be a bit off-topic for the bacula users group, just checking.

mgd