Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Chained copy job

2012-04-05 07:09:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Chained copy job
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Dennis Hoppe <dennis.hoppe AT debian-solutions DOT de>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 13:08:01 +0200
On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 12:47:02PM +0200, Dennis Hoppe wrote:

> maybe you could send me your config files? Which distribution and
> version are you using?

Hello Dennis,

I'm running Bacula 5.2.6 compiled from source on CentOS 6.2 (64bit)
with a MySQL backend.

Here's the relevant config for the pool I'm copying to tape:

Pool {
  Name = Online_full
  Pool Type = Backup
  Storage = FileStorage_full
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 180 days
  Purge Oldest Volume = yes
  Recycle  Oldest Volume = yes
  Maximum Volumes = 28
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 195G
  Label Format ="full-"
  Next  Pool = "Offline"
}

Pool {
  Storage = lto4
  Name = Offline
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 365 days
  Purge Oldest Volume = yes
  Recycle  Oldest Volume = yes
  Maximum Volumes = 21
  Label Format ="Offline-"
}

and here's my copy job definition for the full backups completed
within the last 7 days:

Job {
  Name = "copy-full"
  Type = Copy
  Level = Full
  Priority = 15
  Pool = Online_full
  Messages = Standard
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
  Schedule = Copy-full # runs once a week for now
  Selection Type = SQLQuery
  Selection Pattern = "
    SELECT jobid
    FROM Job
    WHERE PoolId = 4
    AND type = 'B'
    AND level = 'F'
    AND jobstatus = 'T'
    AND EndTime >= SUBDATE(NOW(), INTERVAL 7 DAY)
    GROUP BY Name;"

}

I'm restricting the copy jobs artificially for now because we have run
the full pool for quite a while and I've only recently started messing
around with copy jobs, so for this pool I only want jobs completed in
the last week to be copied over to tape. I bet there's a more clever
way to implement this, but your SQLQuery thingy turned out to be a
godsend for the task at hand, although it could probably done with
AllowDuplicateSomething or other in a more supported and elegant
fashion.

All the best, Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann AG