Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Calling a restore job during a backup job.

2012-04-04 10:01:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] Calling a restore job during a backup job.
From: Rob Becker <rbecker AT 2co DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 13:58:46 +0000

I’m trying to build out some automation for testing restores.  I’m currently creating a new file on each client prior to the backup job.  The file includes the servers hostname and date.  At the end of the backup job I’m running a restore job that will restore that specific file and verify the contents are what is to be expected.  I see this as an improvement over a Verify job since the verify job doesn’t actually restore any files from media.

I’m running into a problem where the restore job does not run, due waiting on completion from the backup job.  I’m getting the error “is waiting on max Client jobs”.  In all places I can think, I’ve set ‘Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20’, but I must be missing one some place.

Is doing something like this even possible?

Here’s the config that I’m working with.

JobDefs {

  Name = DEF_<hostname>-bkup01

  Type = Backup

  Client = <hostname>-bkup01-fd

  FileSet = FileSet_<hostname>-bkup01

  Messages = Standard

  Priority = 10

  Schedule = "Sched_PROD_Util"

  Full Backup Pool = POOL_<hostname>-bkup01_FULL

  Differential Backup Pool = POOL_<hostname>-bkup01_DIFF

  Incremental Backup Pool = POOL_<hostname>-bkup01_INCR

  RunScript {

    RunsWhen  = Before

    Runs On Client = Yes

    Command = "/bin/sh -c \"/bin/echo \`/bin/hostname\` > /usr/local/bacula/working/restore_file\""

    Command = "/bin/sh -c \"/bin/echo \`/bin/date +%%F`\ >>    /usr/local/bacula/working/restore_file\""

  }

  RunScript {

    RunsWhen = After

    RunsOnFailure = No

    Fail Job On Error = yes

    Command = "/usr/local/bacula/scripts/restore_test.pl <hostname>-bkup01"

  }

}

593 Increme  <hostname>-bkup01.2012-04-04_09.30.51_05 is running

   594         RestoreFiles.2012-04-04_09.30.56_07 is waiting on max Client jobs

Thanks.

Rob Becker

2checkout.com

Follow 2Checkout!

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: All information included in this communication, including attachment(s), is intended solely for delivery to and authorized use by the addressee(s) identified above, and may contain privileged, confidential, proprietary and/or trade secret information entitled to protection and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any use, distribution or copying of this communication is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately and delete this communication from your computer.