Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Automatic Volume Recycling

2012-04-03 09:04:13
Subject: [Bacula-users] Automatic Volume Recycling
From: Ward Poelmans <wpoely86 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 15:01:50 +0200
Hi,

I'm rather new to bacula: i've worked with it for 6 months now. But
now, there is happening something which I do not understand: Automatic
Volume Recycling. I've got a client with a job retention of 6 months
with autoprune on. It writes to a pool (File storage) with a volume
retention of 1 year, max 1 job per volume, and a max number of volumes
set to 365. Autoprune and recycle are on. After every backup, the
volume is thus marked as 'used'. From the docs, I though this meant
that the volumes are kept for a period of 1 year before being pruned
and reused. However, now 6 months have passed and jobs are being
pruned. What I now see in the logs is: "There are no more Jobs
associated with Volume "X". Marking it purged.". And it then recycles
the volume for the backup job. This is not what I want. I've checked
in bat and the volumes that are being recycled all have an expire date
that is 6 months in the future. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing
here?

Thanks,

Ward