Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] automatic mount / unmount after Backup

2012-04-02 16:28:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] automatic mount / unmount after Backup
From: Oliver Lehmann <lehmann AT ans-netz DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 22:00:12 +0200
Hi,

I'm backing up with bacula using an eSATA harddisk I'd like to
automatically mount before bacula accesses it and unmount it
after the access is done.

I'm running FreeBSD 9/amd64.

I have the following bacula-sd.conf part:

Device {
   Name = FileStorage
   Media Type = File
   Archive Device = /mnt/backup
#  Archive Device = /dev/ufs/backup
   LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
   Random Access = Yes;
   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
   RemovableMedia = yes;
   AlwaysOpen = no;

   Requires Mount  = yes
   Mount Point     = /mnt/backup
   Mount Command   = "/sbin/mount /mnt/backup"
   Unmount Command = "/sbin/umount /dev/ufs/backup /mnt/backup"
}

While an example Job entry is:

Job {
   Name = client-nudel-files
   Type = Backup
   JobDefs = defaults
   Client = nudel-fd
   FileSet = nudel-files
   Write Bootstrap = "/var/db/bacula/client-nudel-files.bsr"
   Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
}

I'm using this configuration since around 2009 and the harddisk
never unmounts or mounts automatically. I is mounted all the
time but I now want to get this working finally "the right way".

I have no idea what I should configure differently - I thought,
that regarding the handbook everything is configured right.

But - when I issue a restore command while having the FS unmounted
(to check if mounting it works) I'm getting:

02-Apr 21:41 backup-sd JobId 409: Warning: acquire.c:239 Read open
              device "FileStorage" (/mnt/backup) Volume "Full-0002"
              failed: ERR=dev.c:568
              Could not open: /mnt/backup/Full-0002,
              ERR=No such file or directory

02-Apr 21:41 backup-sd JobId 409: Please mount Volume "Full-0002" for:
     Job:          client-fiori-files-r.2012-04-02_21.41.29_46
     Storage:      "FileStorage" (/mnt/backup)
     Pool:         Bacula-Pool
     Media type:   File

So.. what am I supposed to do to get this fixed?

     Greetings