Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can not update slots

2011-12-30 15:52:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can not update slots
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: ninyo <ninyodios AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 15:51:05 -0500
Placing your reply AFTER the question enables reading of the thread without
scrolling up and down and up and down…

On Dec 30, 2011, at 3:14 AM, ninyo wrote:

> 2011/12/30 Dietz Pröpper <dietz AT rotfl.franken DOT de>
> Dan Langille:
> > On Dec 29, 2011, at 7:55 AM, ninyo wrote:
> > > No. Im not working with barcodes....
> > > o_0'
> >
> > Is this because there is no barcode reader or because you don't want to
> > use the one that is there?
>
> He mailed the output of mtx status way up the thread, and it seems to me,
> that he does not use barcodes.
> Is mtx-changer supposed to work w/o barcodes anyway?

On Dec 30, 2011, at 3:14 AM, ninyo wrote:

> Mtx status output again :)
>
> root@WILLY-FOG:/etc/bacula# mtx status
>   Storage Changer /dev/changer:1 Drives, 24 Slots ( 1 Import/Export )
> Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 1 Loaded)
>       Storage Element 1:Empty
>       Storage Element 2:Full
>       Storage Element 3:Full
>       Storage Element 4:Full
>       Storage Element 5:Full
>       Storage Element 6:Full
>       Storage Element 7:Full
>       Storage Element 8:Full
>       Storage Element 9:Full
>       Storage Element 10:Full
>       Storage Element 11:Full
>       Storage Element 12:Full
>       Storage Element 13:Full
>       Storage Element 14:Full
>       Storage Element 15:Full
>       Storage Element 16:Full
>       Storage Element 17:Empty
>       Storage Element 18:Full
>       Storage Element 19:Full
>       Storage Element 20:Full
>       Storage Element 21:Full
>       Storage Element 22:Full
>       Storage Element 23:Full
>       Storage Element 24 IMPORT/EXPORT:Empty

Given that your tapes do not have barcodes, this output is expected.  There is
no way for
Bacula to know the labels without barcodes.

That said, I do recall some mechanism for manually creating a file which
contains the labels…

I do not recall where I saw that reference..
--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org