Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and PostgreSQL in UTF8

2011-12-30 08:57:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and PostgreSQL in UTF8
From: Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
To: "reynierpm AT gmail DOT com" <reynierpm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:37:57 +0100
On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 09:54:58AM -0430, reynierpm AT gmail DOT com wrote:
> psql: FATAL: role "root" does not exist.

By default your database user is the unix(/linux user you are connecting
as. As you seemingly work as 'root', that one is used.
Postgres comes with user 'postgres' presetup and connectable from unix
user 'postgres'. You could e.g. connect by becoming user postgres first:
  su postgres
  psql
I'd advise you to create an extra user for your bacula database using
'createuser' and a database belonging to that user with 'createdb',
parameters '-E' and '-l' should be helpful.

> So my question here is: it's posibble to use this PgSQL to store Bacula
> Catalog? Then here I have two problems: one for the role "root" which not
> exists in my PgSQL and the other for the encoding then which are the steps
> I must follow in order to get this work?

My catalog is in postgres, however, as I migrated from MySQL i never
used the original initdb scripts for postgres and had a completly
different set of troubles during migration.

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91