Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] virtual backups with encrypted data

2011-12-12 05:09:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] virtual backups with encrypted data
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 12:07:41 +0200
OK, but how can SD merge data from encrypted volumes?

I'd guess it goes smth like this for every file (all files are encrypted
separately)?

1. SD finds out (queries DIR) on which volume is the latest version of
the file
2. SD reads the encrypted file and just re-writes it onto the new volume

Do I guess correctly?

--
Silver

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011