Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Using Multi-Drive Autochangers - My Autochanger is only utilizing 1 Tape Drive

2011-12-08 08:43:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] Using Multi-Drive Autochangers - My Autochanger is only utilizing 1 Tape Drive
From: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 08:41:33 -0500
Dear All,
     I am running bacula 5.0.3 on Solaris 10 x86. I have a Dell TL2000
24-slots Autoloader Library with 2 HH LTO5 Drives. The changer works
and the device will load tapes and write backups. However, I'm kind of
in the dark as to how to get it to use the 2nd drive. The
documentation is real "thin" in this regard. I've setup the "Drive
Index" parameter and listed both devices in the Autochanger config. I
was reading about a "PreferMountedVolumes" but that doesn't seem to be
the solution to my issue. I'd like to know if

Job A in Pool A writing to Tape 0 can run at that same time as Job B
in Pool B writing on Tape 1

How to make Bacula use both Drives? I purchased the unit because
Bacula docs says it can use multi-drive autochangers. I also purchased
it because a single-tape drive just isn't enough to capture everything
daily to tape.

Thanks for the help,
Shon

Autochanger {
  Name = TL2000_Library
  Device = TL2000_DTE0, TL2000_DTE1
  Changer Command = "/opt/csw/etc/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = /dev/scsi/changer/c3t2002000E111471E5d1
}

Device {
  Name = TL2000_DTE0
  Media Type = LTO-5
  Archive Device = /dev/rmt/2cbn
  LabelMedia = Yes
  AutomaticMount = Yes
  AlwaysOpen = Yes
  RemovableMedia = Yes
  RandomAccess = No
  AutoChanger = yes
  Spool Directory = /mnt/backup1/bacula/spool
  Alert Command = "sh -c '/opt/csw/sbin/tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
  Maximum Changer Wait = 900
  Maximum Rewind Wait = 900
  Maximum Open Wait = 900
  Drive Index = 0
}

Device {
  Name = TL2000_DTE1
  Media Type = LTO-5
  Archive Device = /dev/rmt/1cbn
  LabelMedia = Yes
  AutomaticMount = Yes
  AlwaysOpen = Yes
  RemovableMedia = Yes
  RandomAccess = No
  AutoChanger = yes
  Spool Directory = /mnt/backup1/bacula/spool
  Alert Command = "sh -c '/opt/csw/sbin/tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
  Maximum Changer Wait = 900
  Maximum Rewind Wait = 900
  Maximum Open Wait = 900
  Drive Index = 1