Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] (newbie) first full backup

2011-11-21 17:03:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] (newbie) first full backup
From: gary artim <gartim AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 14:00:55 -0800
I think it would have hung there indefinitely...I cancelled the job
and retried several times. Then I saw something about having the tape
drive is blk vs variable length mode and changed it to variable
length. I noted when I labelled the volumes I got an error, but still
registered in the catalog and used the tapes (can't find the exact
message). After resetting it to variable the error never occurred;  I
relabeled all the volumes and redid the db. I then setup a smaller
backup and it and the catalog backup worked. Tonight I'll try doing a
full 2TB, should roll to a second tape (theo. max is 1.6TB) and seemed
to be the hangup point, but not sure why it stopped at 9gb. Wish I had
more data to pass on, but its confusing all the options and
xcrossrefing. I'm hoping for just a simple setup where full/diff/incr
can be made an logged. Most of my clients are be rsynced to a master
Raid, I could change this if i get this working. thanks for
responding!