Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] moving clients to a new director

2011-11-04 10:36:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] moving clients to a new director
From: Ben Walton <bwalton AT artsci.utoronto DOT ca>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 10:34:14 -0400
Hi All,

I am currently running two distinct bacula setups.  The director of
the original setup is a client of the the new, but that is the only
link between the two right now.  Both director nodes also run the only
storage node for their particular set of clients.

I'm considering collapsing these two setups such that I have two
storage nodes and only one director.

While that's easy enough to do in a slash and burn style, I'd like to
maintain the current set of volumes and job information if possible.
Is there an easy/sane way to do this?

I think it would look something like:

0. Stop dir1.
1. Add clients from dir1 to dir2, perform required client config for
   each client.
2. Add storage config to dir2 to reference storage daemon on dir1.
3. Use bscan to import existing volumes from dir1 into catalog of
   dir2.

Am I nuts?  Has anyone done something similar?

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton