Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Remove purged disk volumes

2011-10-31 03:18:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] Remove purged disk volumes
From: Lyn Amery <lyn AT gaiaresources.com DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:16:25 +0800 (WST)
Hi all,

What's the best/easiest strategy for deleting leftover disk volumes
after they've been purged?  I write a single volume each day and
only need to keep it for 2 weeks.  I don't recycle volumes.

I assume I could manually delete purged volumes/files, but I'd prefer
to automate this.  My research shows that this functionality has
been requested of Bacula in the past, but I can't find any indication
that it's ever been added.

A previous poster to this list mentioned that he moved purged disk
volumes/files to a scratch pool.  Periodically, anything located in
his scratch pool is deleted.  Is this a good procedure?  How would I
go about it?  Where would I define the scratch pool?

Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers,
Lyn

Lyn Amery