Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Status + Bacula 5.2.0 release

2011-10-27 15:33:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Status + Bacula 5.2.0 release
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Bartosz Cisek <bartosz.cisek AT nasza-klasa DOT pl>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 21:37:58 +0200
Hello,

How we do releases including the numbering system is documented in the
manual.

Version 5.2.0 is currently in the bacula.org git branch named
"Branch-5.1", this means
that it has not yet been released.  Thus HEAD is the current 5.2.0
pending release.  Note
until it is officially released, we may push a few more patches,
especially if the testing
shows up any problems we can correct.

Once it is released, we will rename Branch-5.1 to be Branch-5.2 and we will
add a Release-5.2.0 tag to the HEAD at release.   Subsequent production
patches
and new "patch" releases will be in that branch.  Each release will all
have a tag.

We will also start a new branch that will be called Branch-5.3, which
will contain
"unstable" development code for the next release.

I don't see any need to change our current numbering system, it has
worked very well for
quite a long time.

Best regards,

Kern