Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] IBM LTO-2 errors

2011-10-19 04:58:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] IBM LTO-2 errors
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: Tom Plancon <tplancon AT bkaarchs DOT com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:55:47 +0200
Op 18/10/2011 18:05, Tom Plancon schreef:
John,

Thanks much for the quick response! Makes me feel a bit better!
Any thoughts on the orange light and #2 issue?

A quick google on "IBM LTO-2 manual" turns up this: http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/a67ru1ct.pdf

Specifically the part about the error codes says this about the number 2:

Power problem. The tape drive detected that the externally supplied power is approaching the specified voltage limits (the tape drive is still operating) or is outside the specified voltage limits (the tape drive is not operating). Perform the following action:

1. Ensure that the power connector is properly seated.
2. Ensure that the proper dc voltages are being applied within the tolerances allowed (see “Specifications” on page 6).
3. If the proper voltages are being applied but the problem persists, replace the unit.

The error code clears when you power-off the tape drive or place it in maintenance mode.

I would check though if the manual is relevant for your specific IBM LTO-2 model, but it shouldn't differ too much and I bet the error messages are the same anyways.

Regards,
Jeremy

Thanks again!

As you can see it completes the label successfully and does read and write OK. Also I see an "orange" flashing light with a "2" in the LED display frequently pop up. Usually running a cleaning tape and a "warm" reset with the eject button clears this up for a while but then it re-appears.

**** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm