Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] format of Volume and possibility to read it without bls or bextract and so on

2011-10-18 07:18:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] format of Volume and possibility to read it without bls or bextract and so on
From: Luca Domenella <Luca.Domenella AT bwinparty DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:03:20 +0000

Hi all,

im a newbie in using bacula. I just installed it , configured and started to use making some tests and trying to see what i can do with it.

Id like to understand if its possible to open the volume files without using bacula, of course I know it’s dangerous. Is it in tar or cpio format ?

There is a way to decode it ?

Another question is on how to use nfs resources as storage device. Do I need to mount it on the director using normal nfs mount, or it can be mounted ondemand by the director with a special configuration ?

I know, they are just lame questions, but I haven’t found info about that.

TIA,

Luca Domenella

T: +39 0698962316
E:  luca.domenella AT bwinparty DOT com

bwin Italia
Via Adolfo Ravà, 124
00142 Roma (RM)

www.bwinparty.com

This email and any attachments are confidential, and may be legally privileged and protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient dissemination or copying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying by email and then delete the email completely from your system.

Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender. This communication is not intended to form a binding contract unless expressly indicated to the contrary and properly authorised. Any actions taken on the basis of this email are at the recipient's own risk.