Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] batch script in Windows causes job to fail

2011-10-17 08:20:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] batch script in Windows causes job to fail
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:17:53 +0300
On 15.10.2011 15:57, Tilman Schmidt wrote:

> All I can say is that I do not see how that script could possibly cause
> that error. But with Windows, you never know ...
>
> How long does the script take to run? Perhaps it's some sort of timeout
> striking. You may also want to add some logging to your script to see
> how far it gets before the error strikes.
>
> HTH
> T.

I don't see it either, but after disabling the script, I still haven't
seen the job failing.

Output from one failed job:

27-Sep 00:46 mywin-fd JobId 45298: shell command: run ClientAfterJob
"C:/bacula/del-backups.bat"
27-Sep 00:46 mybacula-sd JobId 45298: Job write elapsed time = 00:00:55,
Transfer rate = 493.0 K Bytes/second
27-Sep 00:46 mywin-fd JobId 45298: ClientAfterJob:
27-Sep 00:46 mywin-fd JobId 45298: ClientAfterJob: C:\Windows\system32>del /Q
/F C:\Accounting\Backup\TB*.TXT
27-Sep 00:46 mybacula-dir JobId 45298: Fatal error: Network error with FD
during Backup: ERR=Connection reset by peer
27-Sep 00:46 mybacula-dir JobId 45298: Fatal error: No Job status returned from
FD.

The interesting bit about the output is that the other del-command is
not seen in there. Why? The connection was reset while executing the
first 'del'?

--
Silver