Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Multiple autoloaders, 2nd autoloader has 0 slots

2011-10-11 09:12:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] Multiple autoloaders, 2nd autoloader has 0 slots
From: tomse <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 05:58:24 -0700
Hello.

I've just setup 2 autoloaders on the same server

the first autoloader works fine when doing "update slots" in the console

doing the same on the second, it responds with "Device <my2dev> has 0 slots"

bacula-sd.conf

autochanger {
name = my1dev-library
changer command ="/usr/local/share/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
Changer Device = /dev/pass3
}

autochanger {
name = my2dev-library
changer command ="/usr/local/share/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
Changer Device = /dev/pass5
}

The devices setup are a copy to eachother except for the name and device
(I'm not posting the device configs here as I don't think it's relevant in this
matter)

doing a
mtx-changer /dev/pass3 slots
mtx-changer /dev/pass5 slots
returns both "8"
which is the correct number of slots

The 2 autoloaders are both same model  HP 1x8 G2 SAS 3000
Running FreeBSD 8.2 - Bacula 5.0.3

anyone has any idea why this happens ?
is there any link to this problem with the issue that after changing magazines
it also says 0 slots when you run update slots / scan barcodes (even on the
working autoloader), running it the second time it gives the correct output on
the autoloader that works.