Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] License

2011-08-29 14:53:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] License
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 20:51:13 +0200
On 08/29/2011 06:57 PM, Mehma Sarja wrote:
> On 8/29/11 9:37 AM, Dan Langille wrote:

>>>   ( AFAIK first reply to mailing list )
>>>
>>> Is the silence a loud
>>>
>>>     YES WE CAN!
>>>

>>> ???
>> I think asking us for a legal opinion is not a good foundation for a
>> business.
>>
> Users can, however, relay experiences in using Bacula under a similar
> circumstance as I aspire to.
>
> Mehma

There's two things, you need to make available the bacula source code you are
using inside your service/device to all of your
customers. AFGPLv3 requirements.
And for all legal question, I would advise you to ask them to the legal team of
the fsfe.org which has full right the bacula
community code. They are not your enemies, and can certainly better than anyone
else here help you in your quest.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch