Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula win64 client on win 7

2011-08-18 09:39:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula win64 client on win 7
From: Andrea Conti <alyf AT alyf DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:37:48 +0200
> But I’m not able to see the bacula icon status on the right bottom of
> the start bar like I saw in my win32client running on my win xp. Is this
> a normal behavior?

Yes, it's normal and it's not something that can be changed easily. The
status icon is currently displayed by the fd itself, which runs as a
daemon with system privileges; since windows Vista system processes are
not allowed to interact with the user's desktop for security reasons.

The upcoming 5.2.0 release will come with a separate windows tray
application, which should restore this kind of functionality.

BTW, the current tray icon is also partially broken on 64-bit windows XP
(and probably also on 64-bit 2003 server): while the status icon is
visible and correctly provides feedback on whether the client is idle or
performing a job, no text is ever displayed in the pop-up window.

andrea