Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Migrating form mysql to postgresql: Duplicate filename entries?

2011-06-29 17:43:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Migrating form mysql to postgresql: Duplicate filename entries?
From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh AT gcd DOT ie>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 22:40:16 +0100
Hi,

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011, Martin Simmons wrote:

> These duplicates in the File table are probably generated by the batch insert
> code.  Since each pair has the same FileIndex, it should be safe to elide them
> them.

Fair enough, thanks.

> > so perhaps this is safe enough.  Does anyone know how these duplicates may
> > have arisen and what the best way to proceed is?
>
> It is probably safe the remove the duplicates.
>
> It isn't clear how the original duplicates in the Filename arose though, but
> possibly you had table corruption at some point?  Was this database created by
> an old version of Bacula?

The database was originally made in Ubuntu Hardy which was v2.x as I recall
now.  We then upgraded to v3 (ubuntu packages built using the debian
package git archive as we needed volume shadow copy support under Win64)
and since then moved to v5 using the Lucid packages.

So, yes, made by old versions.  Am I missing a constraint I should have?

Gavin