Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup-To-Files / Multiple Concurrent Jobs

2011-06-10 17:23:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup-To-Files / Multiple Concurrent Jobs
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Tim Gustafson <tjg AT soe.ucsc DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 17:20:44 -0400
>> You have "Maximum Volume Jobs = 1" in your pool. If you intend to
>> use a single storage device and this pool you can only run 1 job
>> at a time on this pool since only 1 job can be written to a volume
>> a storage device can only load 1 volume at a time.
>
> I think we had "Maximum Volume Jobs = 1" so that we get a new file on the
> storage daemon for each job that runs.
>
> Is there any way to keep the one-file-per-job feature and also allow multiple
> concurrent jobs to the device?

You need more than 1 storage device to have more than 1 volume loaded
at the same time. I would take a look at bacula-vchanger. It can help
you get around this limitation by creating a virtual autochanger of
disk volumes that you can access with more than 1 storage device but
still schedule all jobs to the autochanger device and let the software
handle the details.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vchanger/

John