Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula and ZFS

2011-06-10 15:47:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula and ZFS
From: Gabriele Bulfon <gbulfon AT sonicle DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 21:18:52 +0200 (CEST)
I understand this may sound a bit wary, but: what are the benefits of using Bacula on a ZFS storage
rather than using Amanda or ZFS send bare utilities?

I know Bacula supports ZFS acls, but we also understand the faster option of zfs sending.
We also know zfs sending is not optimal for single file data recovery.

So, what is the status of Bacula with ZFS snapshots? How it compares to other solutions?

Thanks :)
Gabriele.