Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Newbie question about labelling tapes for certain days

2011-06-03 07:16:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Newbie question about labelling tapes for certain days
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Stefan Günther <prolinux AT web DOT de>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 07:13:07 -0400
2011/6/3 "Stefan Günther" <prolinux AT web DOT de>:
> Hi,
>
>>If you do label each day I would use separate pools otherwise at some
>>point (holiday, missed backup ...) you will get out of sync and bacula
>>will ask for a Friday tape on Monday..
>>
> just to sum it up:
>
> 1. I would have to create separate pools for everyday.
Yes

> 2. I would have to create an entry of every week day in the schedule.
Yes, You can create a single schedule with a line per day

> 3. I would have to create one job for every week day because I have to use
> the pool parameter/name in the definition of the job and to use different
> pools and I have to define different jobs.

No. A single job with the schedule that has a line for each day and
sets the pool on each line

Schedule {
  Name = "Daily"
  Run = Level = Incremental Pool = Monday  mon at 18:00
  Run = Level = Incremental Pool = Tuesday tue at 18:00
  Run = Level = Incremental Pool = Wednesday  wed at 18:00
  Run = Level = Incremental Pool = Thursday thu at 18:00
  Run = Level = Incremental Pool = Friday  wed at 18:00
  Run = Level = Incremental Pool = Satuday  sat at 18:00
  Run = Level = Full  Pool = Sunday  sun at 18:00
 }

Job {
  Name = "MyBackup"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental                 # default
  Client = Minou
  FileSet="Minou Full Set"
  Storage = DLTDrive
  Pool = Default
  Schedule = Daily
  Messages = Standard
}

Remember that the schedule will override the Pool and Level in the job.

http://bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION001850000000000000000

> That's a lot to type!
>
> BTW: Can I combine the two schedules "Daily" and "Weekly "into the new
> schedule "Backup", since they deal with different days?

Yes.

--
John M. Drescher