Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula using tape from the wrong pool

2011-05-27 11:36:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula using tape from the wrong pool
From: maaarcooose <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 00:45:48 -0700
Bit of a weird one here that I'm having trouble figuring out.

I have 3 pools of tapes set in my backup setup.

Backup1 is a full / differential week A Rotation. 1 Tape Mon-Thu, 2 for weekend
full
Backup2 is a full / differential week B Rotation. 1 Tape Mon-Thu, 2 for weekend
full

Backup3 set is a full backup of a different area done only on a Wed each week.

So on a wednesday, I have a tape from Backup1 in slot 1 and a tape for Backup3
in slot 2.
My prejob does an update slots scan and then the backup kicks off. Backup1
first, then backup3 after.

For some reason a tape from the Backup3 pool has been recycled and used in the
Backup1 pool and job.

How is is possible for it to use a tape from the wrong pool and move it to the
Backup1 pool?

Marc